Here's Why I Didn't Smoke Recreational Marijuana In California

Random Thought.

  What would happen if we were all able to smoke weed legally?



     You would think that everyone and their mom would throw a smoke sesh on the beach or something... but no. It's really not that serious.
    See, I went on a trip to California a few weeks ago, where Marijuana is legal for medical and recreational use. I visited several cities in the span of 4 days. Not 1 time did I hear people talk about weed, and not 1 time did I see someone with weed. Although there were several advertisements for delivery and what not, I didn't so much as smell weed in the air. I get smacked with the smell of weed more walking down the streets of Miami than I did in Cali.
    While there, my girlfriend asked me if I wanted to smoke. I was totally down for the idea. Smoke and not get in trouble? I'm down!... Then she said the reason she didn't already get it for me is because once your name gets put into the systems you cant work for the government. Very quickly my yes turned into a no, mainly because I don't know what my future looks like and I didn't want to take any chances. So, there went me smoking.
    Needless to say that government statement made me curious.

So what are the rules?


  • You have to be 21+, so legal drinking age.
  • You can purchase up to about a pound (28.5g) of smokeables and up to 8 grams of edibles a day.
  • It's pretty much illegal to smoke or even open a container in a any public place.

What about work?

     Surprise surprise, my girlfriend wasn't wrong. Because Marijuana is still federally illegal, whether you are using it recreationally or medically, you can't use it if you are a transportation worker, from airline pilot to bus driver according to The Sacramento Bee.
     Agencies can also restrict 1099's from doing federal government business. MEANING you can still lose your job or potentially not get one because you smoke or take part in Marijuana consumption. 
    Don't be afraid, every company  has their own policies, so do your research and you should be ok. (Although I do think it's bogus that this still applies to medical users.)

Are there privacy concerns?

   Well, yes. Why wouldn't there be. Where do you think you live? In your own world? 
   Although not required, a lot of dispensaries collect personal information, mainly ID or passport. But unlike with the purchase of alcohol or entrance to a bar or club, this information gets stored into their systems. To be honest, I have no clue what they need to store it for. Some articles I read said the information was stored for marketing and convenience for the next time you go to purchase. However, I am not the one taking your ID, so I will continue to have no first hand knowledge. What I DO know, is that if you're a government employee, your files can be shared.

What else should I worry about?

     Guns, guns and more guns. Dear gun enthusiasts, you can't get a concealed carrying license. Additionally, guns can't be sold to those who consume Marijuana, whether medical or recreational. Now, I'm not saying you can't, but law is law, follow it or reap the consequences. Thank you LA Weekly.

    That's what I have for you for now.

    Until next time


                                     -LocaSmiles :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 4 Reasons Today's Youth is Suicidal

Surprising Benefits Of Washing Dishes