The New Girl

 A lot of people have issues being the new person at work. Honestly, I don't really mind it once I get over the awkwardness of not knowing people's names. 

I just started a new job Valentine's Day 2022. Everyone here seems really nice. Shoot, even before I got the job, I had great vibes from the manager. (It didn't hurt that I found her super pretty lol) That was actually probably one of the best interviews I've ever had, to be honest. After some laughter and conversations about who we are, she ended up wishing me bad luck on the rest of my interviews because she wanted me to work at her company. Low and behold, here I am almost three weeks later!

I hadn't really worked at a physical location since March of 2020 due to COVID and what not. I did have a job for 1 week at a beauty supply store, but something happened, and I had to quit. That's a story for another day. 

Anyway, because I have been so anti-social during the pandemic, reintegrating with people is kind of awkward. I am a super friendly person, but I just don't trust these Os. 😓 Or it may all just be in my head, but I just find these people here to be too nice.


They're always smiling and saying hello, stopping at my desk for a quick chat, a few are always there when I need assistance, and all I hear is ha ha ki ki most of the day. 

Maybe I'm trippin' or I've watched too much TV or something because it just seems a bit odd to me. I'd love it to be real and not just that I am new, and they need someone to cover this position and I was the quickest option they had. The last office job I had, withing week number 2 I already knew who to stay away from and who I couldn't trust. Here, I can't seem to distinguish real-nice and fake-nice. Maybe they are all being real. Maybe they are all being fake. Maybe I am just thinking about this way more than I need to TBH.


It is what it is. All I know is that I pretty much like everyone here. Except for one of the accounting chicks that comes in like once a week. I met her for the first-time last week and all she could do was try and boss me around as if she is the one that gave or got me this job. SMH. First thing, the b didn't say hello to me. Didn't introduce herself, didn't ask my name or anything. She just came up to me and had me move a box of cups from the breakroom, like lifting a box of foam would break her arms or something. She was upset because I had put it on top of the cabinets, so it was held up by the ceiling since the box was so big. I would've just put all the cups in the lower cabinets, but the sleeves had so many cups, the door wouldn't close. I ended up getting them in the cabinet anyway after sitting down for like 10 minutes to split every last sleeve to the size of the storage area. Then, she didn't like that I had placed the napkins on the tables (there's a napkin dispenser on the wall- but I didn't know where the key was.

So, while I was trying to find out I left some napkins on the table in case they were needed.) This girl really was like "Did nobody tell you where the key is?" with the STANKIEST attitude. Eww. 


Side not, super funny. As I am sitting here typing this up, she passed right next to me to use the printer. It wasn't working and instead of asking me for help, she walked all the way into the manager's office to ask him. Embarrassed of your previous behavior towards me or just petty? 


ANYWAY, bask to the people who don't get under my skin. It kind of sucks that my desk is so far from everyone because I'd love a chance to get to know them and make some new friends but working in 2 different rooms doesn't make that easy. They were just talking about "Love is Blind" and I can hear their whole conversation and I just wanted to add some input so bad. but alas, I would literally have to yell for them to hear me clearly over the chit chat. One day.


Until next time

                -LocaSmiles :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 4 Reasons Today's Youth is Suicidal

Surprising Benefits Of Washing Dishes